I preordered Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii and waited inline the next morning but there was no way I was going to go at midnight to get it. I want my kid in bed when the sun goes down not up 'til the crack of dawn playing video games. A situation that would lead to severe grumpiness all day long.
Believe it or not, a wii game is coming out that I might actually be willing to attend a midnight launch party for. Yes, I'm talking about Wii fit. Sadly, the big event takes place all day long on a Monday! A Monday???
Here are the details:
- How will Wii Fit(TM) move you? Discover for yourself at New York's Central Park Merchants' Gate on May 19, as Nintendo hosts a spectacular all-day launch event for Wii Fit, the highly anticipated new program for the popular Wii(TM) home video game system that combines fun and fitness. The event doubles as a celebration of May as National Physical Fitness and Sports Month, putting all kinds of bodies -- young and old, big and small -- in motion with live demonstrations of Wii Fit and the new Wii Balance Board(TM).
- For every attendee who "gets on board" for a Wii Fit demo, Nintendo will make a donation of $5 (up to $25,000 total) to the American Heart Association in support of its effort to help Americans live healthier. Expect crowds of people throughout the day, plus an appearance by celebrity trainer Ashley Borden.
- Featuring more than 40 physical activities and the revolutionary Wii Balance Board, Wii Fit makes fitness fun for the entire household. Anyone can benefit from its mix of aerobic, yoga, strength training and balancing exercises. Following the phenomenal success of active-play titles such as Wii Sports(TM), Wii Fit gets everyone active and playing together.
- Hundreds of parents, kids, fitness enthusiasts, American Heart Association supporters and consumers of all ages. Executives from Nintendo and the American Heart Association New York City volunteer leadership.
- Monday, May 19, 2008
- Event: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Central Park, Merchants' Gate
- Located at the intersection of Central Park West, Central Park South, Columbus Circle and Broadway in Manhattan
You read that right, Nintendo is holding a huge bash in Central Park for the launch of Wii Fit. they will also be having celebrity trainer Ashley Borden on site to do some training sessions.
I admit to looking forward to the release of Wii Fit. As I've been getting older I've been slacking off a bit in the health department and I think this will help me get my butt in gear.
I do enjoy the mini-workout you can get from playing the Wii Sports games and I also enjoy the one golf game I have that has you swing the Wii-Remote like a golf club (not Wii Sports Golf). I like the fact the some Wii games have you off the couch to play them. there are even some DS games coming out to help you get back in shape. Who would have guessed that the leading cause of couch potatoism would now enter the world of better health?
The boxing setup for Wii Fit looks even better than the one on Wii Sports (for training purposes). Couple this with all the other good things I've been reading about Wii Fit and I have to say that I would stand in line at midnight at my local video game store to get a copy of this game.
Oh, by the way, Amazon has already reported that they have sold through their entire allotment of Wii Fit. Yes, the game is not even out yet and the orders have depleted their stock.
Wait a minute, can we even call this a game?