The last two GBA games; Fire Red and Leaf Green, didn't even have pre-order numbers half of that and they went on to sell 3.4 million copies in North American alone.
Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl have consistently ranked among the top-selling video game products on Amazon.com, and there are still four days until launch.
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have already sold millions in Japan and I expect that trend to be duplicated her in North America, and world wide.
Why is Pokemon an unstoppable juggernaut?
- It's a great RPG.
- It's all about collecting things.
- Some of the things you collect are rarer than others.
- Replay is near infinite by starting the game with different team varieties.
- It encourages sharing because each game has certain Pokemon that are only available in the other game.
- You can complete the story mode in about 10 hours.
- They added Wi-Fi!!!
- You will now be able to battle against anyone in the world who has the same game!
I could go on and on but I'll stop there and direct you to all of my other Pokemon articles here on the site.
The Official Nintendo Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Player's Guide also will be available at retail on April 22. For more information about the games, visit www.Pokemon-Games.com