- NEWS FACTS
- OutSystems®, provider of the industry leading Agile Platform, today announced that the OutSystems Agile Platform is a winner of the Jolt Productivity Award in the Enterprise Tools category presented by Dr. Dobb’s during their 19th Annual awards ceremony.
- The Agile Platform is the first unified solution based on Agile methodologies to address the full life cycle of delivering and managing web business applications. Companies use the Agile Platform to integrate, assemble, deploy and manage applications on-time and on-budget — delivering business value within weeks versus months or years.
- A Jolt Award is the “Oscar of our industry” because they recognize the most innovative, trend-making, ahead-of-the-curve products available today. The Jolt Product Excellence and Productivity Awards are presented annually to products that have “jolted” the industry with their significance and made the task of creating software faster, easier and more efficient.
- The Jolt Award winners are chosen by a team of esteemed editors, columnists and industry gurus who provide insight into the latest and most promising industry trends and define which software development products are ahead of the curve.
- Supporting Quotes
- “OutSystems was already deeply honored to compete with an amazing group of peers, and we are thrilled to receive the Jolt Productivity award in the Enterprise Tools category — a prestigious award that is renowned throughout the industry,” said Mike Jones, VP Marketing, OutSystems. “OutSystems is dedicated to equipping organizations with the tools they need to lower costs, while enhancing the creation and delivery of web business applications using agile methods. This Jolt Productivity Award is a true testament to the achievement of these goals.”
Jolt award? I honestly did not know these existed and I was equally surprised to find out that this is the 19th Annual Jolt Product Excellence Awards! When I think of Jolt cola I think back to my high school days and drinking the nastiest tasting soda on the market because of their tag line, “all the sugar and twice the caffeine!” Yup, we used to buy the big two liter bottles in bulk for our all0night gaming sessions. Yes, I was (and to some degree still am) a gaming geek.
After doing a little bit of research I have found that the Jolt Cola company has gone through a lot of changes since I was a kid. For one thing they dropped sugar and use high fructose corn syrup in their drinks now.
They were one of the first “energy drink soda” makers in the market but are now fighting off a myriad of competitors, the most famous of which is Red Bull. As recently as six months ago I purchased one of those “battery” cans of Jolt and I have to say that the berry flavor is in the right can because it tasted about as heinous as something that would come out of a battery.
I’ll treasure my wasted days of youth chugging down Jolt by the liter but I wont be giving up my Red Bull any time soon.