Welcome to Thursday of Johto Week! My handle here is BryGuy and I will be heading this evening's Pokemon Farmer's Market featuring one of the starters from the Gold, Silver and Crystal games: Cyndaquil.
After brooding over a series of possible, crazy, twisted move sets, I could not bring myself to actually breed any of them into the baby Cyndaquils. I wanted these little pokes to be able to grow up big and strong and maybe take one of the six spaces on someone's team.
Cyndaquil and Cyndaquil's ultimate evolution, Typhosion, has low defense and low special defense stats. Its attack stats are pretty anemic as well. This guy has strong speed and strong special attack, it likes FIRE and it has the ability Blaze which amps up the fire type moves when HP is low. So I decided to do the only humane thing for these little Cyndies: Go Fire! And I mean, BIG FIRE!!! My baby Cyndies will have the following blazing moveset:
- FLARE BLITZ
- DOUBLE-EDGE (in case you need something different: a big normal type attack)
Pretty nice moves for a little, level 1 fire-mouse (or whatever it is?!)! As Cyndaquil grows and evolves you may decide to replace some of these moves with something else, but I thought these Cyndaquil should start with a fighting chance!
These Cyndaquil are 100% game-legal. They were not hacked in any way. The move set was obtained through normal breeding and careful study!
Please feel free to turn up the loudness on your game so we can talk back and forth during the trade, making selection easier. By the way, you don't need a headset to talk. Your DS built-in microphone will do the trick. If you would rather not talk and select a Cyndaquil, I will pick one for you.
Here are the rules and procedures for tonight's Farmer's Market:
- Enter my trainer name and friend code into your pal pad. My trainer name is BryGuy and my friend code is 3737 6015 6762.
- Have a Pokemon ready in your party to trade to me. Today I will accept anything but I like to be surprised! Feel free to trade me something you think is cool or unique. It is especially nice if the Pokemon is holding something (berries, items, etc.)!
- Post a comment to this article saying that you would like a Cyndaquil. MAKE SURE YOU CLEARLY AND ACCURATELY LIST YOUR TRAINER NAME FROM YOUR GAME AND YOUR FRIEND CODE. EVEN IF WE HAVE TRADED BEFORE, PLEASE LIST THIS INFORMATION. I can't guarantee that you are still in my Pal Pad. I will enter as many of these before the Farmer's Market as I can.
- In your game, enter the WiFi Club at 7:00 pm eastern time (6:00 pm central time) on Thursday, August 2, 2007.
- When you enter the Wi-Fi zone select the trade option (INVITE -> TRADE) and wait for me to select you.
- If you can, be early. I may be online early.
- Please be patient. I should have plenty of Cyndaquil. I may have to leave the WiFi Club sometimes to get more Cyndaquil. Please don't panic, I'll return promptly!
- The Farmer's Market will run from 7:00 to 8:00 pm EDT.
- I am only prepared to trade specially prepared Cyndaquil. Please do not ask for other Pokemon. I will not be trading anything other than Cyndaquil tonight. Thanks.
I am looking forward to trading. See you at the Farmer's Market!
* Trainer name: BryGuy
* Friend Code: 3737 6015 6762
Note: If you miss a farming event just visit the Missed Farming Events area of the forum and look around.