Welcome to Friday of Dark Week! My handle here is BryGuy and I will be heading this evening’s Pokemon Farmer’s Market featuring Houndour.
After I volunteered to breed Houndour this week I realized that I haven’t played with a Houndour or Houndoom since the Gold and Silver Pokemon games! Somehow I missed it in Emerald! Anyway, I was glad I chose this little dark doggie because it was nostalgic for me as well as a fresh challenge to breed something unique and useful.
After a minor hassle of trying to catch one of these puppies in Pokemon Pearl (fiddling with pokeradar, walking in tall grass on route 214, finally encountering a rare Houndoom and discovering that they know Roar and run away!) I got to work breeding a knock-out moveset. After involving sets of parents that included Arcanine and Lucario as well as Houndoom, I was finally able to settle on the following moves to breed into the level 1, baby Houndour:
- Dark Pulse
- Thunder Fang
Pretty nice moves for a little, level 1 doggie! You may decide that he never needs to learn another move, ever! These Houndour are 100% game-legal. They were not hacked in any way. The move set was obtained through normal breeding and careful study!
By the way, I give nicknames to all of my Pokemon. I know some people never give nicknames and hate the idea of thinking up names. I enjoy the challenge and I think it helps give each little, pixelated Pokemon a personality. It also helps me tell them apart so I can quickly find a specific creature. Last week all the Elekids I traded were named after characters from the Star Trek television series. This week, all the Houndour I trade will have names from Aztec (Mexica) history and mythology. Pretty geeky, huh? After the trade, you can pop onto Wikipedia and find out what awesome deity your Houndour is named after. A little educational fun tossed in with your Pokemon!!
Please feel free to turn up the loudness on your game so we can talk back and forth during the trade, making selection easier. By the way, you don’t need a headset to talk. Your DS built-in microphone will do the trick. If you would rather not talk and select a Houndour, I will pick one for you.
Here are the rules and procedures for tonight’s Farmer’s Market:
- Enter my trainer name and friend code into your pal pad. My trainer name is BryGuy and my friend code is 3737 6015 6762.
- Have a Pokemon ready in your party to trade to me. Today I will accept anything but I like to be surprised! Feel free to trade me something you think is cool or unique. It is especially nice if the Pokemon is holding something (berries, items, etc.)!
- Post a comment to this article saying that you would like a Houndour. Make sure you clearly and accurately list your trainer name from your game and your friend code. Even if we have traded before, please list this information. I can’t guarantee that you are still in my Pal Pad. I will enter as many of these before the Farmer’s Market as I can.
- In your game, enter the WiFi Club at 7:00 pm eastern time (6:00 pm central time) on Friday, July 27, 2007.
- When you enter the Wi-Fi zone select the trade option (INVITE -> TRADE) and wait for me to select you.
- If you can, be early. I may be online early.
- Please be patient. I should have plenty of Houndour. I may have to leave the WiFi Club sometimes to get more Houndour. Please don’t panic, I’ll return promptly!
- The Farmer’s Market will run from 7:00 to 8:00 pm EDT.
- I am only prepared to trade specially prepared Houndour. Please do not ask for other Pokemon. I will not be trading anything other than Houndour tonight. Thanks.
I am looking forward to trading. See you at the Farmer’s Market!
* Trainer name: BryGuy
* Friend Code: 3737 6015 6762