Welcome to Thursday of Farmer's Favorites Week! My handle here is BryGuy and I will be heading this evening's Pokemon Farmer's Market featuring Elekid. Elekid is the baby form of Electabuzz. Electabuzz made its first appearance in the original Pokemon games (Red and Blue). Obviously an electric-type Pokemon, this yellow and black, human-like Pokemon always seemed to have so much potential, yet it never seemed to catch on as a big-hitter. Maybe its original, somewhat disappointing stats in HP and Defense had something to do with it not showing up on winning teams. Electabuzz's future may now be changed with the release of the Diamond and Pearl games. A new evolutionary step has been introduced. If you trade Electabuzz while It's holding an electirizer it will evolve into Electivire. Electrivire still doesn't have base HP and Defense stats to write home about, but its base attack stats are pretty impressive. Electivire should be a lot of fun to experiment with to see where it fits in the Pokemon universe.
How do you get an Elekid to train and evolve? If you are playing Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, and you have become Pokemon League Champion, and you own a copy of the Fire Red GBA game, insert the Fire Red game into the GBA slot of your DS while playing Diamond or Pearl and head to the Valley Windworks and cruise around the tall grass until an Elekid finally pops up! How do you get an electirizer to evolve an Electabuzz into an Electivire? In the Diamond game every wild Elekid will have a 50% chance of it holding an electirizer. In the Pearl game the chances are quite a bit lower: each wild Elekid has a 5% chance of holding an electirizer (yes, I said: five). Instead of hunting down a random, basic Elekid, you could trade with me for a really punched-up, extra-special Elekid!!!
I have bred a fine batch of Elekids and I am looking forward to sharing them with all of you! The Elekids I have bred for this occasion have an amazing set of learned egg-moves (these are moves that the Pokemon can not learn through leveling-up). Through a process of multi-stepped, carefully-controlled breeding, I have created Elekids that have the following set of moves built-in:
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Dynamic Punch
What can't this little guy totally hit?! These Elekids are 100% game-legal. They were not hacked in any way. The move set was obtained through normal breeding and careful study! You will be on your own in acquiring a electirizer. If you play the Diamond game, this shouldn't be too difficult. If you are playing the Pearl game (like I am) you may have to trade for one or be very patient (I have obtained a couple, but not enough to give away - I do have quite a few magmarizers, however).
Please feel free to turn up the loudness on your game so we can talk back and forth during the trade, making selection easier. By the way, you don't need a headset to talk. Your DS built-in microphone will do the trick. If you would rather not talk and select a Elekid, I will pick one for you.
Here are the rules and procedures for tonight's Farmer's Market:
- Enter my trainer name and friend code into your pal pad. My trainer name is BryGuy and my friend code is 3737 6015 6762.
- Have a Pokemon ready in your party to trade to me. Today I will accept anything but I like to be surprised! Feel free to trade me something you think is cool or unique. It is especially nice if the Pokemon is holding something (berries, items, etc.)!
- Post a comment to this article saying that you would like an Elekid. Make sure you clearly and accurately list your trainer name from your game and your friend code. Even if we have traded before, please list this information. I can't guarantee that you are still in my Pal Pad. I will enter as many of these before the Farmer's Market as I can.
- In your game, enter the WiFi Club at 7:00 pm eastern time (6:00 pm central time) on Thursday, July 19, 2007.
- When you enter the Wi-Fi zone select the trade option (INVITE -> TRADE) and wait for me to select you.
- If you can, be early. I may be online early.
- Please be patient. I should have plenty of Elekids. I may have to leave the WiFi Club sometimes to get more Elekids. Please don't panic, I'll return promptly!
- The Farmer's Market will run from 7:00 to 8:00 pm EDT.
- I am only prepared to trade specially prepared Elekids. Please do not ask for other Pokemon. I will not be trading anything other than Elekids tonight. Thanks.
I am looking forward to trading. See you at the Farmer's Market!
* Trainer name: BryGuy
* Friend Code: 3737 6015 6762