Skarmory has the distinct advantage of being quite a nice competitive tool. His defense stat is quite impressive, though he's a bit of an offensive letdown. Luckily there are a couple moves that help to overcome this hindrance.
Spikes is a great move that enables you to do some damage that wouldn't otherwise be done, counterable only by a rapid spinner, spikes deals damage to opponents that switch out. This, coupled with a very nice healing move make Skarmory the tough half of the 'Skarmbliss' pair.
Here are the moves your Skarmory will come with.
- Spikes (explained above)
- Aerial Ace (STAB, Never Miss)
- Roost (HEAL HEAL HEAL)
- Brave Bird (STAB - 120 Power)
This should provide a great tank for several pesky pokes! I hope you have enjoyed Johto Week as much as we've enjoyed working on it!
Here are the instructions for tonight:
- Leave a comment with your trainer name and friend code. I've had to clear out my pal pad a bit, so I will need your codes!
- Be in the Wifi room by 8:00 EDT (7:00 CDT) on Friday, Aug. 3, and be in Trade Mode (Invite -> Trade). I will come to you when I'm ready.
- Have something to trade. I'll take anything, but I'm still trying to fill my dex, so I prefer any non-Sinnoh Pokemon that you may have.
- It doesn't need to be holding anything, but items are always appreciated, including berries.
- Don't be afraid to trade amongst yourselves!
Friend Code: 3136 3364 7333