The something I am referring to happened to me this evening. See, I never use the visual editor in WordPress but tonight, after pasting several hundred articles, I went to look at the site and was horrified to see that all of my work had been copied into the visual editor and not the HTML editor!!!
Yes, I was viewing wordpress posts that were showing pure HTML to the viewer!
Being technically inclined I knew that there was no way I would spend the next hour copying from the visual editor and pasting into the HTML editor for each post. Instead I used my brain and logged directly into the database and ran the following two queries:
UPDATE wp_posts SET post_content = REPLACE(post_content,'<
','<') UPDATE wp_posts SET post_content = REPLACE(post_content,'>
This simple little bit of code goes through the entire wp_posts table and replaces the HTML code for the opening and closing HTML brackets with the brackets themselves for all post content.