Now, you are probably thinking,
"So what? I just keep my ten most recent posts on my main page, why would I want to use this?"
Well, there are several reasons for you to use this plugin:
- Reasons to use
- It's very easy to use
- It's very easy to install
- I said so
What? You don't like those reasons? How about the functionality of the plugin? The plugin takes the following arguments:
- $no_posts - sets the number of recent posts to display
- $before - text to be displayed before the link to the recent post
- $after - text to be displayed after the link to the recent post
- $hide_pass_post - whether or not to display password protected posts
- $skip_posts - allows skipping of a number of posts before showing the number of posts specified with the $no_posts parameter
- $show_excerpts - allows the post excerpt to be output after the post title
- $include_pages - allows recent pages to be show with recent posts
How about all of that? Most Recent Post plugins only show... the last X posts. This plugin allows you set a good number of variables that tell the plugin just which recent posts to show.
Do your readers a favor, install this plugin so they can find your most recent posts. Don't forget, if a reader finds your blog from Google or Yahoo they will likely not be landing on your home page!